Senior Data Analyst - Johannesburg
PBT Group has an opportunity for an experienced Data Analyst with at least 8 years’ experience.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will be expected to solve complex challenges and identify new opportunities using a combination of analytical expertise, business acumen, strategic thinking, and project and relationship management skills.
• Query and mine large data sets, connecting data from disparate sources to identify insights and patterns; apply both statistical and business knowledge to ensure accuracy of insights
• Conduct intermediate statistical analysis, such as linear and logistic regression, time-series analysis, and classification models
• Summarize findings in written and verbal reports to key stakeholders
• Play an active role in preparing and presenting complex written and verbal reports, findings, and presentations
• Apply knowledge of the clients businesses and corporate groups and relevant industry knowledge to analysis and insights
• Contribute to project planning, request for proposal development, and technology requirement definitions
• Deliver accurate and high quality analysis (e.g. NPV modeling, test design and analysis, risk modeling)
• 8+ years’ experience
• An understanding and working knowledge of relational databases (e.g. Teradata, Oracle, SQL, SAS, etc), data structure, data quality strategies and experiences analysing large volumes of data.
• Advance data analytical skills.
• Business analytical experience.
• Banking products and related systems.
• Project management.
• Project implementation.
• Business analysis and process design.
• Facilitation of workshops and JAD sessions.
• A good understanding of data quality concepts.
• Skills in presentation of data in a logical format useful to business as well as internal to the department.
• Sound understanding of Data Warehousing and business intelligence concept, principles and an understanding of data modelling tools.
Minimum of a tertiary qualification, preferably a degree in the sciences.